Wow. I am so glad that last weekend is over! It was so chaotically busy that it was not restful in the slightest. Ah well, Bus Stop Day went well and the kids remembered most of their music cues, but it was still an emotional few days. The theme for March is Hope which is really good but it couldn't help but make me think of who I've lost in the last couple of years.
Anyway, the balloon animal teaching deal went pretty well, but it turned into much more of a crash course than I expected. I thought I'd have an hour with each group to go over the process, but it ended up being 25 minutes and really quick! I think the youth all caught on pretty well, once they got over the fear of balloons exploding in their hands :) I haven't even tried to make anything in so many years, but it wasn't hard at all to pick it up again. Just like riding a bicycle...!
So, this afternoon at work I'm sitting at my desk around 4:30 pm, and I look up to see my parents walking into the church! They came up from Three Hills to see a friend of theirs from Briercrest who is battling cancer, actually my sister-in-law's mom, and they came to surprise me at work and go for supper with Lee and I. It was so sweet of them and completely unexpected, but such a lovely treat :) I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like to, but at least they don't live too terribly far away.
My brother Scott and his wife Carla celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary yesterday. It is so weird that it has only been that long...it feels like Carla's been in the family forever! What's more bizarre is that I was still 13 (almost 14) when they were married, so how old does that make me?! I think I realize now just how young I was then, and soooo immature! I'm glad they loved me enough in my early adolescence to involve me in the wedding - it was SO special to me!!
Happy 12th Anniversary Scott & Carla...I love you!!
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
time does fly doesnt it? And I refuse to think of how immature I was long ago. waaay immature. It's nice that I had good friends and good adult role models that took the time to listen to our "oh so dramatic" problems. (especially those that took the time to lead bible studies for a bunch of giggling girls, knowing one day it would help them as they became women)
Post a Comment