Bryan's Second Birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday Doldrums

I hate Mondays. I mean I really hate Mondays. It just takes forever for them to end. This morning was snowing and sooo chilly, it felt like -20 (Celsius for all those Americans!). After snow, melting snow, more snow, more melting snow, and now more snow, my poor little car is so filthy and I couldn't go through the car wash 'cuz another car had stalled at the entrance and was waiting to be towed! I had driven to work on the freeway and gotten pelted, and I mean covered, in mud spraying off a semi-truck ahead of me, and I barely even recognize my little Sunfire anymore :( There were a couple of bright spots...I had time to stop for a coffee at Tim Horton's on my way to work, and Lisa from work bought me a second coffee in the afternoon! That'll make any day better, plus it's Rrrroll up the Rrrrim to Win time again and I won another coffee...woohoo! We got home just in time to watch Corner Gas and laugh a lot :) I was born in Saskatchewan, so I think it's priceless!

After work I met Lee for supper and he surprised me with 2 new CD's of Roxette. I go in these waves of listening to classic 80's music, and that's my new sing-along kick - what a sweetie! Now I'll have to choose between those, Nichole Nordeman's Brave and Charlotte Church - choices, choices.

Mass emails can be a pain sometimes, but I realized the other day that they can actually be helpful. For example, I had lost touch with 2 of my Bible School friends, Cathy and Scott, but I found Scott's email address on a mass email and he gave me Cathy's. It actually worked quite well! And my friend Shannon, who I haven't seen in years, is on my email list now too. My goodness, the internet is a wonderful thing!

Until tomorrow, or whenever I post next...

By the way, my husband is very jealous that I've mentioned his daddy's Shelby Mustang and not his, "1989 Camaro Iroc Z Player's Challenge Race Car, originally owned by Richard Dean Anderson [who played MacGyver on the 80's TV series]" and I quote! Oh my, boys and their toys...

Oh, and did you see the closing ceremonies for the Olympics? Andrea Bocelli and Ben Heppner in the same night? Amazing! Really, I'm done now :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

yippee, comments are working again. Blogger and I were having some trouble. and where would the world be without MY comments??!!

Just wanted to fly by and say hello! I am SO HAPPY to see you blogging and blogging often. Isn't it fun to see the often updates of all our old friends?

I owe you an email. I promise it will come.