Bryan's Second Birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sad Puppy Story

You will never believe this story I heard on the news last night...it is so sad. This beautiful, 10-year-old German Shepherd dog was stabbed twice by it's owner. She has struggled with depression and was drunk, and just started stabbing her dog. I guess she hit the puppy once above the eye and once in the jaw and missed a major artery by 2 cm. Her husband woke up to the dog's whimpering and was able to tie a towel around puppy's neck to stop the bleeding a bit, though there was an awful lot of blood lost. The dog had no defensive wounds, but why would it? The woman was the master and the sweet puppy was just submissive and docile. Anyway, it was so horribly sad.

I had a music practice after work with Amy, one of the girls in our youth group, for a couple of songs but when I was leaving work my car was covered in snow and it took me about 15 minutes just to sweep off my car. After I left her house I had to sweep off my car for about another 10 minutes and it was coooolllllld :( Now, I fully admit that I am a snow-rookie southern BC driver, but some Albertans drive so fast that it's all I can do to not slide into the ditch! I got home safely, after praying pretty much the whole way :) and now I'm just SO ready for bed! Of course, after I finish watching American Idol and some laundry!

No comments: