Bryan's Second Birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Well, here goes nothing!

I decided that I'll never know if I like blogging until I try it, so I am finally sitting down at my computer and doing just that! You'll have to go easy on me until I get the hang of it...

It is early Saturday evening in snowy Alberta, but it is warm inside my little house. The BC girl in me looks outside and says, "Brrrrr, this is not what I left behind in Abbotsford last weekend," but the slowly-adapting Albertan says, "it's not nearly as bad as it could be." As long as I live in a prairie province I will always be a freezing-fingered and cold-toed BC girl to the core!

There are a couple of perks living here. A sweet husband, the biggest shopping mall in Canada, and Family Day! It's the only long weekend in February, but it's still a good excuse for a day off work! My mom and I flew out from Calgary last Friday to spend the weekend in Abbotsford and Vancouver with my brother and sister-in-law, Aunt and Papa. It was surprisingly windy but beautifully sunny. Mom and I went for a late lunch at Dutch Mother's restaurant in Lynden, an ice cream cone from Edaleen dairy and a quick shopping trip to Bellis Fair Mall in Bellingham. It was a whirlwind but fun!

On Saturday, we went into Vancouver to buy shoes for Mom from Ingledews for her narrow feet and over to the Lion's Gate hospital to visit my Papa. He's 92 now and much weaker than I remember, but he's doing alright. Sunday I went to Northview with my brother, Brent, and after lunch Mom, Brent, Nikki and I all went to Papa's apartment in North Vancouver to help my Aunt Bet sort through his belongings before he moves into a different extended care facility. Then Monday had to come, most unfortunately. I just had to see Lana and David's apartment and new baby girl, Noelle, before I flew back to Calgary, but then all too soon it was time to leave. Talk about busy! Hopefully Lee and I can go back for a more relaxed visit this summer or fall.

I think that's all for now, so I'll go and play with my options on my new blog!

1 comment:

Baker said...

Yeah Jana! I'm so glad you joined the blog club. I miss you and can't wait to hear how you and your hubby are doing on a regular basis. I have to say that you came down on a good weekend. Today is COLD and snowy!!!! I love it though. I spent the day with my mom looking through the little shops in Fort Langley. It was a lot of fun.
Hope to hear from you lots :)

~Erin