Bryan's Second Birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I think I could become an addict!

Well, it's day 2 and I think I could very easily become a chronic blogger! Today we went to church with Lee's dad in Sherwood Park. Phil Callaway is an author/speaker/comedian from Three Hills, Alberta, and he was a guest speaker for the weekend. He was really funny and had many illustrations, but he still delivered a sermon with content. Lee's brother Jeff and sister-in-law Kay came with their three kids, so we had a very eventful and interesting dinner at Boston Pizza afterwards. The kiddies are 4, 2, and 9 months so I'm sure you can imagine...

We just got home after making a quick pit-stop at my father-in-law's business to take a look at his new (at least to him) 1965 Shelby Mustang convertible that he bought in Arizona in January. It's a really nice blue with off-white racing stripes. I've never been a car girl but I married into a car family, so I'm trying to learn! Lee was teasing me about being "all excited to write a new blog," so I see I have to work some persuasion tactics on him...

I was talking to my mom last night and my Uncle Bill called her to say that he has cancer of the liver. Apparently it is very fast growing, so we don't know how much time he has left on earth. He has seriously strayed from God and believes that nothing on earth happens for a reason and nothing happens after death, so my family is really praying for a miracle. We've been praying for him to accept Christ for so many years.

I've been reading the blogs of my friends, and I'm noticing things. For example, Cherylene's sister Wendy is engaged to Tim!! I didn't know she was dating a friend from our youth group...that's so cool!

I think today I feel like cross stitching for the rest of the afternoon. I'm making a stocking for Lee for Christmas, and with my broken arm in November it did not get done in time...too bad...I guess it'll have to be for 2006.

2 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Hey Jan...SO excited you have a blog! Now I can add you to my fave blogs list!!!

cv said...

Hey Jan, I also got your email and found you in the big wide world of bloggers..... yuppers, W and T have been together almost 3 yrs now. It's cool because T and James are good friends.... he'll be a great bro-in-law. So nice to finally reconnect and get to hear about your day to day life. Keep writing...... Did you also see that Benji F is getting married.... you know who that is that he's marrying right?