Hmmm, have I mentioned that I don't know how my friends seem to be able to juggle their blogs and Facebook? Especially when they all have so much more going on than I do. I really don't get it.
So today I cried the entire drive home from work today, except I managed to be mostly controlled at the post office at Sobey's. Today was my last day of work at Stewart Weir before I start into a position with Jayman Innovations. It was SO hard to say good bye to everyone when I've developed so many good relationships there. I'm excited for the new opportunity but right now it feels overshadowed by moping. I have to leave my Jana-Chelsee-John Canucks posse behind, Jaime, Katie, Katie, Stacey, Jennifer, Cal, Colleen, Jackie and so many fabulous people. I got so many hugs, well-wishes and encouraging comments making me feel really loved which only makes it harder to leave.
I bought Mochaccino Almond Fudge ice cream on the way home and was planning to binge and watch a sad movie to encourage my wallowing, but I opted to try to laugh. I succeeded for a while during Air Farce Live, but now I'm listening to the Canucks vs. Kings hockey game on the radio, and I'm getting sad again. Every season I say that I'm not going to care and obsess about the NHL, but that resolution lasts until the draft in the summer. How pointless!
I'm registered for the 5km Resolution Run in Edmonton on January 1st, 2008 and am trying to figure out what to buy so that I don't freeze in the typically freezing weather. I wonder how awkward and bulky it would be to run in a winter parka and snowpants??! Jane is trying to persuade me to run a 10km route in early November, but I'm not too sure if I feel confident enough to attempt that yet.
Time to go cheer on my boys for the last few minutes of the game...
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey Jana! You should talk with the Running Room people because they would know how to dress appropriately for your run...from what I've heard they are really helpful. (Maybe they even have something on the net too...I don't know for sure.) ;-) Good luck with that!
Are you still juggling school (courses) as well? I hope that your new job transition goes smoothly.
TTYL, Danna
Post a Comment