Guess what??! Last night fulfilled one of my dreams - I got to go see The Phantom of the Opera!!!!
I'll have to explain why this is such a big deal to me.
I have wanted to go see it for years, and it played in Seattle for a long time, but I was never able to go. Then I moved to Alberta and figured that it would never play here, but tickets went on sale in May! I didn't buy any because I was going to school and thought I should be financially responsible (I don't always like conviction). Last Tuesday I received a phone call from my school informing me that due to low enrolment, the Anatomy & Physiology II class was cancelled. This both disappointed and discouraged me, since I didn't want to have a whole wasted semester - I want to get these classes rolling, already! THEN I got totally sad because I realized that if I'm not going to have a class, I could have gone to Phantom!! So I've been moping and depressed, especially since Brent & Nikki got to go in Vancouver because they were given tickets and I've had to hear about how wonderful it was. Lovely, really great.
Anyway, I was talking to Roslyn (we worked together at Beulah) and she said she was going with a couple of youth from church, and said she'd pick up an extra ticket for me, and I said YES!!! I am there! So last night we went, quite spontaneously, and it was glorious! The hopeless romantic in me actually cried (just a little) at the end. I'm not too sure if it's because it was really sad or just that it was over :) It was everything I ever hoped it would be, and every moment was pure bliss! The music, the costumes, the cast, the dancing, the singing - it was all incredible! Christine's voice was exactly what I expected her to sound like, and the Phantom was amazing! But OH! The music was phenomenal! The Music of the Night, The Phantom of the Opera, All I Ask of You, Think of Me...it was heavenly... Next up: Les Misérables? If I could see Les Mis, my Broadway aspirations would be complete, and anything else an added bonus :)
As for school, I did manage to enroll in a correspondence/home study class which starts on October 1st, so at least I can still get the course done. It's no different than the last one except that I don't have a weekly lecture, and if I have trouble with anything I can still call the school, so I think I should be fine. Oh me of little faith, I have to remember that God still guides every thing and I need to trust Him. How old am I? Will I ever learn?
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That's awesome! I'm so glad that you got to see the Phantom of the Opera! It must have been packed...didn't it just start this past week? As for your course, I'm glad that you got the chance to do a course to get things rolling! Have fun!
Yes, you can do A&P by correspondence. The instructors just get up at the front and lecture word for word from the power point anyhow. Doesn't make a difference if you show up for class versus just reading the text. Good for you. Get another under your belt.
-Darla
Hey Jana :)
-wierd to spell that with only one N ;)
I got your post on my blog a while ago but couldn't access your blog through your profile when I clicked on it...blah,blah,blah...long story-I finally got it of Janna's blog :) Anyway, yeah, here's my number...238-6560. I'd love hang out sometime! Blessings, Christiane :)
Hey! What's up long time no post!
Danna
Post a Comment