Ok, here's the final verdict:
Midterm Exam: 94%
Midterm Assignment: 91%
Final Exam: 88%
Final Assignment: 91%
Course Grade: 91% = A-
Personally, I'm a little miffed that my final exam mark didn't hit 90, but oh well. I start Part II on September 7th, so hopefully I can do as well!
Some of you already know about the program I'm in, but to appease Darla (who has reminded me of her curiosity twice!) I'll give the short version.
The program I'm in is going to be frustratingly long, which is why I struggled for so long whether I was making the right decision in registering. I'm in a part-time evenings format, so in 3 years I will be an LPN. Then I can at least start working in a field that I love, and can upgrade to an RN at Grant MacEwan. Eventually I'll be able to finish my BSc in Nursing at U of A. The whole issue with this is the length of time it will take, but due to our situation in life with expenses and a mortgage, may only option right now is part-time classes. Ideally I would have liked to go straight to MacEwan and done my RN, but they only offer full-time.
Darla, I hope this clarifies my schooling stuff, but feel free to ask any question not answered!
My nephew, Brady, turned 8 on Sunday!! Do you know how crazy that is? Well, I know Lana does, but do you realize we had just graduated from high school before he was born??! That means that we've been out of MEI for 8 years and are 2 years away from our 10 year reunion!! Does that not seem freaky to anyone else? Maybe it's just me...
My parents will be married for 40 years in September, so my whole family got together for the long weekend to have an early celebration. Brent and Nikki were out from Abby, Lee and I drove down, and Scott, Carla, Brady, Megan and Caedyn drove in from Calgary. It was really fun and Monday was spoil Mom and Dad day, so they did nothing and we pampered them. At the end of the day we had planned a game of 20 questions, where using techniques of Charades, Catchphrase, Tribond and Pictionary, we got them to guess various family memories. VERY entertaining, and my mom did really well! Anyway, I think we accomplished our goal of making them feel spoiled and had some really special family time!!
I think that's all for now...
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Yes, thank you for the details. I can finally sleep at night. Way to go on the grades. Did you make it on the Dean's List? It really is such a great feeling to get that letter saying you did. Cool about the LPN. We'll be nursie girls together. And yes, I agree....I can't believe that in 2 years we'll be graduated 10 years. I'll just be finishing my RN degree! Crazy.
Post a Comment